Saturday, January 10, 2015

I Am Now Helping Out the ResidualVM Wiki Too

As you probably know, I'm a big fan of the 2D adventure game interpreter suite ScummVM and its sister project for 3D adventures ResidualVM. I have been helping out the ScummVM Wiki since 2006, since I really wanted to help out the project in a big way, and I can only submit a few minor patches since I'm not skilled enough in programming to help out the project that way.

I have decided to ask if I could help out on the ResidualVM wiki as well, since I want to help out that project in a bigger way than my minor compilation fix patches, but as with ScummVM, I'm not skilled enough to do much more than that, programming wise.  Happily, the ResidualVM team has also graciously taken me up on my offer to help out.

It was fun watching ScummVM grow while I was a part of the documentation side of the project.  It will be even more fun to watch ResidualVM grow, as it's at an early stage of multiple engine support at this point, and there's a lot of buzz going around for more potential future engines all the time. :)

No comments: